- Mormont Keep, is no more than a wooden longhall built from huge logs - a wood-walled castle with a smoky keep, surrounded by an earthen palisade. On the gate there is a carving of a woman in a bearskin with a babe suckling at her breast in one arm and a battleaxe in the other. Behind the keep is a small godswood.
- Earth and Wood Palisade, surrounds the keep and a small village that includes watchtowers, a larder, an armory, and a smithy.
- Bear Bay, a small bay on the southern shore of the island. A river empties into the bay after passing under a stone bridge. Although the bay is covered in ice, a ship is anchored nearby.
- "Fishing Villages, five small villages are spread across the large island, connected by snowy trails through dense coniferous and oak forests.
- Bear Caves, on the northern shores of the island are several bear caves in the snow covered hills and bluffs. These caves give the island its name and a large bear appears on the House Mormont sigil.
Bear Island was built by barkus in Summer 2014. It replaced an older version that was built on the old map. On the new map, Bear Island is fully encased in snow and ice and barkus desired to explore new blocks to make snow covered roofs. (See Forum )