Blount is the seat of House Blount, a minor noble house from The Crownlands.
Their sigil is a red band between two black porcupines on a field of green. Little else is known about House Blount, other than a member of the house, Ser Boros Blount is a member of Joffrey I Baratheon's Kinsguard, and is renowned for being often drunk and inept in combat. Their lands contain their keep, a small market town, various smaller hamlets and a brewery, along with fields, pastures and forest. To the north of the lands of House Blount are the holdings of a knightly house that pays tribute to the Blounts, whose colours are purple and brown. This estate is made up of the private estate of the knight and a small village.
- Blount Castle is a large ringfort built upon a motte, itself surrouned by a ditch. There is a sloped wooden bridge over the ditch to allow access to the castle, via a large gatehouse tower which also houses Lord Blount's chambers. Other rooms such as the hall, audience chamber and rooms for the inhabitants of the castle are located around the central courtyard. The maester's tower is the tallest and only other tower in the castle, and houses the maester's chamber, the rookery and a small library.
- Blount Town is a small town located nearby to the castle. It consists of around 30 houses and a stone sept, and holds a market in the central square. Stalls are set up around it, and pens for livestock auction erected in the centre. The inhabitants of the town are mostly farmers living in small houses, although there are three professionals who inhabit larger, two storey houses.
- A Brewery is located further east on the road leading towards Antlers. The brewery contains the brewer's house and shop, a large building in which the beer is brewed, and fields of hops. Around the brewery are the houses of both brewery workers and farmers, along with a horse-driven mill.
- Watchtowers are located on the west-leading and south-leading roads out of the Blount, as the lands of Blount are located on the border between The Crownlands and The Riverlands, so before Aegon's Conquest it was important to keep watch over the boundary.
- A Knight's Estate is north of the Blount lands. The knight resides in a large stone manor house, located within his estate. Within the low stone walls of the estate there are also houses for the estate staff, as well as vegetable patches and flowered gardens.
- The North Village can be found near the Knight's Estate. It contains around six small houses for the farmers that work the knight's fields, as well as an inn frequented by those travelling inland from the port of Maidenpool. There is also a small meadery in the village.
MDMeaux applied for Blount on August 2, 2016 and after some confusion over the completion of his previous project, Drox, Blount was approved on August 23; construction began on the same day. Initially, an unrealistic castle layout was used which had a typical Norman square keep in the centre. Under a week later, a new layout was proposed as MDMeaux was unhappy with the original layout. The castle was completed on December 15, with the town being finished a month later on January 13. On April 8, 2017 the main Blount lands were finished and construction began on the knight's lands. The knight's lands were finished in only three days, being completed on April 11. The project has not yet been post-approved.
"Meadery of Doom"
During the construction of the meadery on the knight's lands, a bug arose due to the custom table block being used in the beehives. This bug caused the Minecraft clients of any players approaching the area to crash, earning the meadery the names "Meadery of Doom" or "Cursed Meadery". This was soon fixed with WorldEdit. (See Forum)
Inspiration for the castle gatehouse was taken from Cardiff Castle in Wales, and the layout of the second castle was influenced heavily by Restormel Castle in Cornwall. The lands, such as the fields and pastures, were influenced by Ian Mortimer's descriptions of medieval England in The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England. (See Application)
|Houses of The Crownlands|
| Royal House · Baratheon of King's Landing
Noble Houses · Blount · Buckwell · Byrch · Bywater · Chelsted · Chyttering · Cressey · Darke · Edgerton · Farring · Follard · Gaunt · Harte · Hayford · Langward · Mallery · Manning · Massey · Pyle · Rambton · Rollingford · Rosby · Rykker · Staunton · Stokeworth · Thorne · Wendwater ·
Exiled · Targaryen ·